Author of this recipe - Monica Conner
The goal of this recipe was to create a delicious meal using simple & local ingredients! I used homegrown gourmet mushrooms from Circular Harvest’s Blue Oyster grow kit, zucchini & thyme from my home garden, and local BC cheese, butter & salt
- Approx. 1lb of Zucchini, spiralized (if you don’t have a spiralizer see note 1)
- Approx. 1lb of Mushrooms, chopped into bite sized pieces
- I used blue oyster mushrooms, but feel free to use your favourite variety or whatever you have on hand!
- 4-6 cloves of Garlic, to taste (I used 6), minced
- 2tbsp of Butter (or Coconut oil for a dairy-free alternative)
- Optional: grate your favourite local cheese (I used Creekside Creamery’s Herbed Cheddar)
- Salt (I used Fraser Valley Fraser Valley Salt Co’s Hawaiian Vacation Black Salt)
- Optional: Pepper
- Thyme leaves (to taste)
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat
- Added minced garlic and sautee until fragrant, ~1 minute
- Add chopped mushrooms and sautee until mushrooms begin to turn golden brown
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add thyme leaves to taste
- Transfer to a dish and set aside
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, salt it generously
- Add spiralized zucchini to boiling water and cook for 1-2 minutes
- Strain zoodles (save water, see note 2) then add them to a bowl of ice water to stop cooking. Strain zoodles.
- For extra flavour, add zoodles to the pan that you sauteed the mushrooms in stir until coated with the remaining butter and juices
- Plate and enjoy!
- If you are in the market for a spiralizer try your local thrift store! My local MCC had 3 spiralizers, all under $5
- Save your zoodle water, let it cool, then water your plants with it! Your plants will love the nutrient rich water