These "Crab" Cakes are indistingishable from the real thing. The crab like texture of the Lion's mane makes it a perfect substitute for anyone looking to enjoy a delicious seafood meal without actually having meat.
PREP TIME: 5 mins • COOK TIME: 10 mins • SERVINGS: 2
Large Mixing Bowl
Pan (for frying)
Tongs / Lifting Utensil
- 10 oz Lion's Mane (Thinly Chopped or Shredded by hand to resemble crab)
- 1 egg (or Flax egg)
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs May need more if patties aren't sticky
- 1/4 cup Onion Finley diced
- 1 tbsp Mayonaise or vegan mayonaise
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp Old bay seasoning or Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard or regular mustard
- 1 tbsp Parsley (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2-3 tbsp Olive oil To fry with
- 2 wedge lemon optional
Hand shred or thinly chop the Lion's Mane Mushroom into small pieces resembling texture of flakey crab.
In large bowl, combine egg, mayonnaise, onion, Worcestershire sauce, old bay seasoning, Dijon mustard, parsley (finely chopped), salt and pepper. Mix until fully incorporated.
Mix in Lion's Mane Mushroom until fully incorporated.
Mix in Panko breadcrumbs until fully incorporated.
Form mixture into 4-6 equal size round flat patties (about ½ to ¾ inch thick).
Heat oil in sauté pan on medium/high heat.
Cook patties for approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Should be golden brown and cooked throughout.
Add optional garnish, squeeze of lemon and enjoy!