Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 30 mins Serves: 3-4 people
For the Rice
- 250 g sushi rice
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 300 g fresh mushrooms (oyster, lion's mane, chestnut)
- 1 carrot (julienned)
- 1 cucumber (julienned)
- 1 Avocado sliced
- Purple cabbage (same amount as carrots and cucumbers)
For the Roll
- Nori Sheets
- Sesame seeds (optional)
1. Prepare the sushi rice according to instructions on the package
2. Add the rice vinegar, maple syrup and salt by slowly spooning it in. Slice the rice with the side of the spoon gently as you add the ingredients to break up the rice. Let cool.
3. For the mushroom filling; place all marinade ingredients into a bowl and whisk together. Add the mushrooms and coat evenly with the marinade.
4. Heat a sauce pan over medium heat and add the mushrooms. Fry for 5-8 mins until they are dark brown and chewy.
5. Prepare the veggies as instructed above.
6. Take out Nori sheets and place on a bamboo rolling mat. Place roughly 4 tbsp of rice on the sheet and spread it evenly across one half of the sheet. Place the filling ingredients onto the sheet how you want. Roll the sushi with the bamboo mat and seal it with a dab of water.
7. Repeat step 6 until all filling is gone. Use a sharp knife to cut the rolls into smaller pieces.