You can make powders by drying and then powdering the mushrooms, however, it will not contain all the adaptogens the mushrooms contain. Using a water extracted powder allows you to take out the water soluble compounds which increases the amount of adaptogens in your supplement. Additionally, you can combine an alcohol extraction with a water extraction to make a dual extracted powder that will contain an even higher concentration of adaptogens.
- Harvest your Lion's mane from your mushroom grow kit.
- Weight the amount of mushrooms you harvested.
- Chop the mushrooms into small pieces and place in a large pot with about 10 times as much water as mushrooms. Simmer for 2-3 hours.
- Allow to cool completely. Pour into a blender (including the water and the fruiting bodies), and blend to a creamy consistency.
- Dry the mixture. You can do this by pouring the mixture onto fruit leather trays in a dehydrator and drying at 95°F or by pouring onto lightly oiled baking trays in an oven on its lowest setting with the door ajar (keep below 100F).
- Break the dried mix up into chunks and process them in a spice grinder or food processor into a fine powder.
- Supplement daily!