This recipe is a great addition on a charcuterie board or a stand alone appetizer. It will surely impress your guests with its elegant taste and wonderful aroma.
PREP TIME: 5 mins • COOK TIME: 10 mins
- 1 splash olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter (can use olive oil if preffered)
- 6-10 oz mushroom any variety
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced leeks only the white and pale green parts
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 block Cheese your choice
- Cracker or bread of your choice
In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add in mushrooms and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
Add thyme and season with salt and pepper and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
Add leeks to mushrooms and sauté until they are soft (3-4 minutes). Stir in lemon juice and season with salt & pepper to taste.
Remove from pan and place in a bowl. Serve with cheese and crackers. Place the cheese on a cracker and top with the mushroom leek mixture and enjoy!